Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Winter Day

Kai has been having a great day. He's been enjoying his beauty sleep and has been sleeping in to about 7:00am now. Sorta throws off his mini schedule, but we work around it!

Today was my first day back at school finishing up my prerequisites for our community college's Dental Hygiene program. I'm very close to completing my prerequisites as well as my A.S.
I'll only be out of the house 2 mornings a week while my best friend and soon-to-be in laws watch the kids. I think it will be healthy to have time apart from the kids only for this short time, so I'm ok with it and I think they are too, since they have fun people to play with while I'm away!

Anyways, I've been making Kai's baby food and today we're making butternut squash for this nice cold winter day! Overall Kai has been doing ok with eating solids, not great. I think he'll get there and it may take time. I just hope he doesn't develop a complete aversion. He sure does like his bananas in the mesh holder though!

He has also be siting on his own for longer periods of time now! I'm really happy for him that he keeps getting stronger and stronger!

Tomorrow is his first big development assessment appointment. I guess these start at his adjusted 6 months. (Or maybe it's for his chronological age of 9 months, not sure). I think it will be full of diagnoses and prognosis (Sp plural ?)
I'll update the blog for sure after that visit!!

4 comments:

Marcie said...

Love the photo of him holding the butternut squash! So cute. I'll be curious to hear what they say tomorrow at the developmental assessment - especially considering how well he is doing. He really seems right on track. Veronica had a developmental assessment at term, 4 months adjusted and she will have one again at 9 months adjusted.

Unknown said...

Ya, I'm not sure why this is his first one. I think I saw something about the intervals are 4,9,12 and 18 months?
I'm a little nervous though. I haven't heard "failure to thrive" yet and I'm hoping not to at all. Has Veronica ever been given that horrible term?

Marcie said...

No! I think they are far from being failure to thrive. They may not weigh that much for their actual age, but I think they are both doing great for their adjusted age. When we went for the developmental assessments, everything was based on her adjusted age which is how it should be as far as I'm concerned. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Love the update on how good Kai is doing! He sure is a strong little man! Iam so blessed that you have asked me to watch Kirra tomorrow so u and adam can go to the doctor and not have to worry about kirra! She will have fun with Tia! Love ya! See u soon!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers