Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Poor Baby


Yesterday Kai had a bit of an off day. He pretty much slept the day away and hardly had any milk. I was a little concerned especially since he was having a lot of poopy diapers and was acting like he didn't want to eat  when I gave him the bottle. 

So all I thought to do was give him the day to sleep it out, a little TLC, and careful monitoring. Well, he never really snapped out of it all day and when I could finally get him to take a bottle and take the whole thing last night, he ended up projectile vomiting it all back up. Adam and I were even more concerned after that because it was so much vomit and was even shooting out of his nose. 

We gave him a bath and cleaned him up and offered him a bottle and immediately he acted back to his normal self. He ate the bottle and fell into a deep sleep for a few hours until he woke back up 3 times last night to eat. And he sure was hungry. Even this morning he did great with his bottle. Yesterday morning he probably went a little over six hours without eating! I still can't really pinpoint what caused this lazy weird day yesterday, but one of my thoughts is teething?... He's gnawing on his fist like crazy, more than he ever has and from what I've researched (since it will be a little different than Kirra's teething) diarrhea, vomit, not eating, and lethargy 'could' be related to teething. Now his teeth haven't actually cut through his gums, but teeth can just move around under the gum and it can still be considered teething. It was just one possible explanation and of course I have others, but like Adam said, we'll just never know for sure why he was having these symptoms. The important thing is that he never had a fever and he's doing great this morning! 

I'm all about taking him to the doctor, but I'm confident enough and trust my gut feelings enough that there is no problem at this time, but of course I'm keeping track of every single thing just in case I need to take him to his pediatrician. Hopefully he's ok until his next visit in November! 

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Poor guy! Your probably right though! You guys have just gone through so much it would be hard to not worry every time he has an off day, but hes probably just dealing with normal baby stuff now. I cant wait for the lil guys to meet each other!!! xox

Unknown said...

Thanks Nikki! I'm hoping to deal with just normal baby stuff! At least we see a variety of doctors each week so I'm not completely alone trying to figure him out!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers