Thursday, June 9, 2011

Good Day



I met with the doctor who's on duty for the next two weeks this afternoon. We basically went over Kai's general condition and status.
He said there were three major concerns for Kai as of right now, that is his lungs, kidneys, and brain.

His lungs are still maturing and with the change of ventilator settings he has been fairly stable. The Chronic Lung Disease isn't so "Chronic" meaning, in his own words, he will be able to play sports when he's older. So that's great!

His kidney's had some problems and he couldn't tell me why, but he says things have gotten better and all he can do now is monitor and adjust his electrolytes accordingly to help his kidneys function on a daily basis. 

And lastly the bleeding in his brain that was originally diagnosed as a grade 4 IVH bleed has been degraded to 3 on both sides of the brain and he told me it has gotten better and the blood has absorbed. This is awesome news and I think he was shocked I didn't already know this, but I haven't sat down with a doctor in over a week so I am so glad I did today! 

On top of all that he just looks great too. He's had two blood transfusions in the past 48 hours but every time I visit I noticed how well he's doing and how well he's progressing!

Thank you again for thoughts, support, prayers, and love! He's feelin it and things are looking up!




No comments:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers